Now this just sounds silly in my opinion. The title of the award, I mean. Seriously, doesn’t that sound just like the silliest name ever? Black Cat, Blue Sea Award!!! I giggle each time I read it, write it, or say it!
I’d like to throw a big thanks to Rashida Aka MaKenzye for nominating me for this award. I’d never heard of it until yesterday when I found out I was nominated for it! I’m so super stoked! Okay, so you’re probably wondering like I did, “What in the world is this award for? What’s it about?” Confused like me? Yea, I had to dig around in Rashida‘s own post to figure out just what in the world it was about. Here we go!
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
Well, I guess that does actually sound a lot like me. I love to blog, love to write, and most importantly, I love the idea that my words are out there and might comfort someone else, even if I never hear from them or know them. So thank you, Aka MaKenzye for nominating me and recognizing my insanity! Yay!
- Anybody nominated can nominate up to seven other bloggers.
- Anybody nominated answers three questions. The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions. If any of the questions asked are offending or simply do not want to be answered, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
Well, I guess since she didn’t actually ask any specific three questions, I’ll just answer the three questions she was asked, then I’ll throw you all under the bus and make you answer something weird because I’m just evil like that. *devious giggle*
3 questions that I need to answer:
- Who was the first blog/blogger you heard of/read and did they inspire you to start?
- Do you see blogging as a future career or just a side hobby?
- What is your all time favorite album and why? How does it make you feel to listen to it?
Hmm… Okay, guess I can do this!
- Suze was the first blog/blogger I ever read, it was the blog about her beautiful colorful childrens keyboard that she got because she’s just that awesome. I found myself laughing and nearly dying at the same time, and soon running to the bathroom just to stop from tinkling on myself. Her whimsy and way with words made me think that maybe I too could one day be a blogger and be comically hilarious, or dubiously serious. You never know, my writing is kind of all over the place! She definitely was my inspiration for wanting to start blogging.
- Blogging isn’t a career, it’s something fun to do to cleanse the mind of all the insanity that keeps rattling about inside my brain! My full time job is my kids, and trust me, that is a full time job.
- My favorite album ? Uh… Disturb’s Darkness count? I grew up listening to that CD and I still to this day as an adult listen to it often. Of course, I don’t have the CD anymore, but I still love the songs and listen to them often. I don’t really know how to put into words how it makes me feel when I listen to it… It’s sort of a melancholy somber with a spark of hope? If that makes any sense what so ever. If you could actually get into my brain and feel how I feel when listening to that CD, you’d know just how hard it is to put into words!
Okay so now I get to ask any three questions of YOU (who ever I nominate, as I’ve not decided who yet) so here goes nothing, you better hold onto your britches because this might get crazy.
- What are your favorite 3 blogs and what makes them so uniquely special to you?
- What are three things you’ve learned during your time blogging that you never knew before?
- Do you have 3 favorite movies? If so, what are they and what makes them so amazing?
AND NOW! The pièce de résistance !!! For the poor souls I’m going to nominate.